9 Things the Most Effective Leaders Do Daily
What does it take be a highly-successful leader? Do effective leaders drink power shakes every morning for breakfast, work 20 hours a day and never take "no" for an answer? Actually, while their breakfast choices may vary, successful leaders have adopted daily behaviors that have undoubtedly contributed to their accomplishments.
"Successful leaders do certain things on a regular basis. For instance, they make decisions wisely, ask questions, empower and teach others, and surround themselves with talented teams," said Steve Wood, President and CEO of Leddy Group. "As leaders across all industries strive to succeed, they should adopt similar behaviors."
According to Steve, successful leaders regularly do the generic viagra vidrin following nine things:
- Make decisions. Savvy leaders collect information and then make decisions based on facts. They also surround themselves with smart people who provide valuable input during the decision-making process. Ideally, smart leaders strike a delicate balance: they don't make impulsive, emotional decisions, nor will they debate issues for so long that they stall progress within the company.
- Ask questions. No one can be an expert on everything. Therefore leaders should have a roster of talent that can answer their questions about pivotal elements of running a business - technology, social media, marketing, HR, business forecasting, etc. Additionally, great leaders value the opinions of key audiences - their employees, customers and prospects - and regularly ask questions about their perceptions of the company, the organization's strengths and generic viagra areas of improvement, and ideas for future change.
- Communicate expectations clearly. Successful leaders must be strong communicators and good delegators, two closely intertwined traits. Leaders should empower their teams to take ownership of projects, being clear from the start about what's expected. Explain what success looks like, and how goals and objectives will be measured.
- Adapt. There's no doubt that technology has significantly changed - and continues to change - the business landscape. Leaders must consider the needs of today's mobile society, and give customers what they want and expect. It's no longer enough to have an attractive, informative website - now your company also needs an interactive mobile app. The marketing world has changed drastically, and if you're not embracing social media, you are missing out on a tremendous opportunity to disseminate information to a large audience. It's essential that leaders evolve and adapt to stay relevant with the ever-changing business world, and to stay competitive in today's fast-paced business environment.
- Encourage people to grow and learn. "The business world is continually evolving, and no one ever gets better by sticking to the status quo. Constantly encourage your team to learn, take classes, participate in Webinars, consider other perspectives and solutions, read more, and follow respected industry experts in social media," Wood suggested. "As individuals strengthen their own knowledge and get viagra avoid prescription skill sets, it elevates the viagra + cialis team and the company overall."
- Practice what you preach. If you call for a company-wide reduction in spending, yet you still drive a flashy car and brag about your fancy vacations, you will lose credibility. Ensure that your actions match your words - always.
- Praise and reward employees. It sounds so simple, but it works so well - praise your employees when they do a good job. Recognize and appreciate their hard work. Send them a heartfelt email, honor them with an award, or give them a bonus, if your budget permits.
- Teach and mentor. Chances are, you achieved your prominent position because someone took the time to teach you valuable skills and information, answer your questions, and provide career advice. Now, it's your opportunity to pay it forward. Teach your employees about your business and weak indian viagra industry. Spotlight best practices you've adopted along the way. Explain the mistakes you've made and what you've learned from them. Your employees will learn valuable lessons and will respect you for helping them improve. It's a win-win.
- Value the work-life balance. Working harder isn't always working smarter. If you insist that your employees continually work long, stressful hours, you'll burn them out, increase turnover and decrease morale. Conversely, by encouraging your team to leave work to spend time with family and friends, exercise and pursue hobbies, they'll return to work re-energized and more productive.
"Successful, effective leaders have learned which habits will maximize their wins in the workplace. They've adopted certain behaviors - mentoring, communicating expectations clearly, rewarding their team - that have contributed to their successes," Steve explained. "If you're striving to become a wiser, more successful leader, consider adopting these behaviors, as well."
Leddy Group, established in 1994 and a division of Work Opportunities Unlimited, specializes in customized staffing and cialis holland order consulting services for administrative, accounting, and light industrial industries. Headquartered in Dover, NH, Leddy Group’s branches provide client companies in ME, NH, and VT with a full range of services that are geared towards enhancing productivity.
For more information, visit www.LeddyGroup.com. For tips, ideas, resources and the latest industry news, visit www.facebook.com/LeddyGroup or www.twitter.com/LeddyGroup.
Companies Articles Archive