Specialty: Accounting & Finance
A highly sought-after employer is looking for a skilled Accounting Specialist on an interim basis. You’ll be responsible for accurate, timely processing and record keeping of the company’s accounts payable records. This role is expected to last 6 months and offers a part-time, hybrid schedule.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Specialist
- Obtain approvals on non-purchase order vendor invoices
- Process 3-way matching of invoices for all purchase orders
- Address vendor inquiries, reconcile vendor statements, and resolve discrepancies
- Track accrued receipts and resolve any issues
- Manage group email boxes related to AP correspondence and help sort incoming mail
- Collaborate with other team members to validate and execute payment runs
- Assist with corporate credit card account, monthly reconciliation, and payment
- Manage web-based expense report system and process reimbursements
- Assist with accounting data integrations with other transactional software systems
- Process accounts receivable payment exceptions
- Match and clear customer deductions
- Identify invalid deductions and assist with claim process
- Assist with communication and documentation to collect past due invoices
- Assist in year-end preparations with research and file maintenance
- Work on other projects as assigned
Qualifications of the Accounting Specialist
- Degree in Accounting with some practical experience or equivalent 2-4 years of experience in multiple aspects of accounting
- ERP Accounting, Excel & Word software (or equivalent) required
- High level of confidentiality
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to contribute daily to a highly functional team environment
This Accounting Specialist position works 20-30 hours per week on a hybrid basis, with 1-2 days per week in the office. Don’t miss this chance to join a reputable organization that has been in business for over 200 years!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.