Speciality: Accounting & Finance
Location: Portsmouth, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Work within a super modern work environment in Portsmouth, NH as an Accounting Specialist! This full-time role is responsible for processing accounts payables and receivables, so proven experience is required, as well as experience with QuickBooks, Great Plains, or other accounting software.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Specialist
- Process accounts receivable by verifying, classifying, computing, and recording payments
- Sort, verify, and pay incoming invoices and record transactions
- Resolve accounting discrepancies
- Maintain records
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger to ensure payments are accurately posted
- Collaborate with Operations department to review in detail accounts receivable aging summary with regard to collectability of receivables
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and year end close activities as needed
- Prepare financial reports as required for Controller
- Perform other tasks, as assigned
Qualifications of the Accounting Specialist
- A minimum of 2+ years of relevant A/P and A/R experience.
- A minimum of an Associate degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting principles and basic bookkeeping
- Working experience with Great Plains, QuickBooks, and/or other accounting software
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite, including hands-on experience with Excel
Apply now for this Accounting Specialist position where you’ll enjoy working with a team of kind people in an organization with a meaningful mission.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.