Assembler 1st Shift
Assembler 1st Shift
Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Don’t miss this great entry-level Assembler position at a successful global manufacturer in Kittery, ME! This is a direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay and great benefits like profit sharing, 401(k), pension, medical, dental, PTO, and more!
Responsibilities of the Assembler 1st Shift
- Set up and operate production machines to assemble, test, and pack products
- Follow work order to make sure parts and tools are correct
- Inspect parts for damage, test units, rework non-complying units, and scrap bad parts
- Replenish components as needed
- Complete data transactions and transport finished product to next operation
- Perform SPC charting techniques, observe trends, and take corrective action to avert potential problems
- Work collaboratively with team members to ensure on-time delivery, and help train coworkers as needed
- Maintain work area and equipment in a safe, orderly condition
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Assembler 1st Shift
- High school diploma or equivalent experience
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, route sheets, and test specifications
- Must be familiar with the use of Vernier calipers, drop gauges, and plug gauges
- Team player with effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. frequently and up to 40 lbs. occasionally
Hours are Monday through Friday, 6:30am-3:00pm. Pay ranges from $17-$18.50/hour, depending on experience. If you’d like to gain valuable career skills in a supportive environment, then apply today for this Assembler position!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.