Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing, View All Jobs
Location: Kittery, ME, USA
Type: Full Time
The world’s leading manufacturer of motion and control technologies is looking for second shift Assemblers in Kittery, ME! You will set up and operate production machines to assemble, test, and pack products for use in a wide variety of mobile, industrial, and aerospace markets. This direct hire role includes competitive pay, great benefits, and an opportunity to grow your career in a supportive environment!
Responsibilities of the Assembler
- Check work order and make sure parts and tools are correct
- Visually inspect parts for damage
- Review set up and procedures and resolve questions and problems with Technician
- Set up tooling and review assembly requirements from Assembly Test Instructions (ATI); packing and inlet pressure in accordance with ATI
- Pull prints and check labels
- Perform SPC charting techniques and observe trends, taking corrective action to avert potential problems
- Monitor and maintain “pull” system to ensure replenishment of components
- Assemble units using a variety of assembly, test, and measuring tools, e.g., micrometers, verniers, calipers, and gauges
- Correct standard tooling problems, or call a Technician if there is a need for more extensive repairs
- Test units per ATI, rework non-complying units, and scrap bad parts
- Stop production when parts do not meet the specifications and inform Technician
- Ensure on-time delivery of work center orders and past due orders
- Complete data transactions and transport finished product to next operation
- Discuss with work cell team members any suggestions for resolving quality issues and improving methods, tooling, and setups
- Be aware of all production orders in the work cell
- Develop and encourage achievement of shared objectives for the work cell teams
- Help train coworkers in all procedures
- Ensure work area and equipment are maintained in a clear, safe, and orderly condition and that prescribed safety measures and procedures are followed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Assembler
- 1-3+ years of assembly experience
- Strong attention to detail and hand dexterity
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or GED
Hours for this second-shift Assembler position are Monday through Friday, 3:30pm-12:00am. The rate of pay is $18.05/hour ($16.77/hour plus a 7.65% shift differential). Apply today!
To apply, email a copy of your resume to Seacoast@leddygroup.com, see our website at www.leddygroup.com or call 603.749.4810.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.