Speciality: Accounting & Finance
Location: Portsmouth, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Join a highly successful, growing medical manufacturing company on the Seacoast as an Assistant Controller! This direct hire position is deeply involved in annual planning processes and provides strategic and day-to-day support of operations and leadership teams. Manufacturing experience is required, as well as strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Controller/FP&A
- Monthly accounting close for operations
- Complete monthly activities to ensure proper accounting controls, including accrual management, variance analysis, metric tracking, and report preparation
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations
- Provide analytical and technical support for pricing initiatives that include setting list prices and developing pricing models
- Inventory cycle count management
- General accounting including cost accounting
- Perform regular and ad hoc finance analysis to assess profitability of operations
- Develop, propose, and implement strategies to improve top and bottom-line financial performance
- Capital tracking and analysis for new projects
- Financial audit preparation and coordination of the audit process File sales tax reports
- File annual reports
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
Qualifications of the Assistant Controller/FP&A
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial operations analysis, including cost accounting
- Experience with manufacturing accounting
- Experience with Sage MAS is a plus
- Possess initiative, enthusiasm, intellectual curiosity, a positive attitude, and ability to perform as a team player
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of US GAAP
This Assistant Controller/FP&A position is with a company that puts patients first, and they require flexibility, passion, and respect in everyone they hire.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.