Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Put your skills to work as an Automation Technician at a family-run, international manufacturer in Newport, NH! You’ll join the Engineering team as you assist with maintaining and programming manufacturing machines in this first shift, direct hire role.
Responsibilities of the Automation Technician
- Interpret machine wiring schematics and PLC programs to troubleshoot faults
- Perform preventive maintenance and troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical repairs on various equipment
- Understand and implement various controls options such as weld monitors and vision systems
- Repair or replace electrical components as needed
- Analyze equipment repair expenses over time to help guide “repair or replace” decisions
- Research and requisition replacement parts, and maintain spare parts inventory
- Troubleshoot voltages from power source to control level
- Follow all safety and company policies
- Assist with additional maintenance duties as needed
Qualifications of the Automation Technician
- Experience with PLC programming concepts and ability to review code during troubleshooting situations; Siemens equipment experience preferred
- Understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems, basic shop tools, and metrology equipment such as calipers and micrometers
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to utilize DMMs and Oscilloscopes
- Knowledge of precision maintenance with the ability to develop understanding of plant processes and operational needs
- 2-year Engineering degree preferred but not required
Salary for this Automation Technician position is commensurate with experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.