Speciality: Human Resources
Location: Lebanon, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Work from home while you remotely assist employees in this Benefits Specialist position! In this role requiring reliable internet, you will assist with the administration of all leaves of absence and ADA accommodation requests for a well-respected local healthcare organization. This full-time position is temporary but could turn into a permanent one for the right candidate.
Responsibilities of the Benefits Specialist:
- Determine eligibility for, administer, and document short-term disability and leave programs
- Answer questions, route calls to carriers, and resolves issues for active employees
- Counsel new and existing employees seeking information and guidance regarding absence and leave benefits
- Advise managers and supervisors on specific employee situations
- Work with third-party service providers to manage leaves, disability claims, and accommodations
Qualifications for the Benefits Specialist position:
- 3 years of directly related experience including handling issues involving relevant employment laws, such as the ADA, FMLA, USERRA, and others
- Strong interpersonal communication and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information handled
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve complex employee issues and use excellent judgment in counseling and decision-making
- Be a team player, yet take the initiative to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
Act now to apply for this Benefits Specialist position that is available immediately! Screening and orientation/equipment pick-up will occur in person, so only local candidates should apply.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.