A busy health care provider is looking for a Billing Specialist to join the team at their Lebanon, NH location! The ideal candidate would be detail-oriented and would share this organization’s genuine dedication to the wellbeing of their clients. This is a great full-time, first-shift position at a business that offers opportunities for professional growth and development!
Responsibilities of the Billing Specialist
- Verify client insurance information, deductibles, and copays, and update client financial needs daily
- Process and maintain credentialing/insurance panels on all clinical staff
- Set client fees and payment schedules
- Process claims and submit to insurance companies
- Enter client payments into the computer billing system
- Perform collection activities
- Process spend-down calculations, applications to client accounts, and associated reporting
- Conduct the bill screen process and run reports
- Assist in continuous improvement initiatives
- Follow all policies, procedures, and safety standards
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications of the Billing Specialist
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in insurance billing and computer data entry
- Flexible with work tasks
- High level of confidentiality
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in a community mental health environment is a plus
- Well-organized with high attention to detail
- Solid attendance
Hours for this Billing Specialist position are Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Pay is $15.75/hour. This may lead to a permanent opportunity for the right candidate, so apply today!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.