A stable, well-respected company is seeking a Buyer to join their purchasing department. This is a short-term assignment expected to last approximately 6 months. You’ll start onsite, but then you may work remotely once trained! If you are detail-oriented and have procurement experience, then don’t miss this chance to put your skills to work at a premier employer in the Upper Valley!
Responsibilities of the Buyer
- Work with a senior buyer or strategic sourcing specialist to anticipate and fulfill customer requirements
- Purchase supplies, services, and equipment in a timely manner per established policies and procedures, preparing special orders as needed
- Review open purchase orders on a weekly basis to ensure consistent supply of material and no stock outs
- Monitor shipments to ensure goods arrive on time, in accordance with specifications
- Ensure data integrity for item master files
- Update files as needed with new product-related information and item characteristics
- Manage e-Procurement module, including educating end users, troubleshooting errors, maintaining the product catalog, and communicating changes to shopping guides
- Participate on project teams and attend meetings as assigned
- Work with Accounts Payable to implement payment process, and monitor and resolve any supplier payment issues
- Assist Accounts Payable to promptly resolve payment disputes and invoice discrepancies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Buyer
- Minimum of one year of procurement experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Exceptional communication skills
- High attention to detail
This Buyer position works Monday through Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Pay depends on experience, ranging from $18-$25/hour. Apply today!
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We put the right people in the right places through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing. We combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. Our goal is to exceed your expectations; our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.