Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A leading manufacturer of wire and cable assemblies is now hiring Cable Assemblers in Hudson, NH. This company services a diverse group of industries including defense, aerospace, industrial, medical, and commercial. If you are team-oriented and want a long-term career, this is a great opportunity!
Responsibilities of the Cable Assembler
- Assemble assigned product parts on assembly line in accordance with production guidelines
- Read and understand drawings, travelers, and bills of material
- Use measuring tools, crimp tools, wire cutting equipment, and stripping machines
- Perform hand crimping, spot tie, and continuous lacing
- Heat shrink sleeving and boots
- Solder pins, contacts and solder cups, solder sleeves, bus wire splice
- Pot assemblies as required and clean molds
- Perform spot checks of products to ensure adherence to approved quality standards
- Notify management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions
- Adhere to established company policies and procedures, paying special attention to safety regulations
- Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines
- Maintain an organized and clean work area
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Cable Assembler
- 2 years of assembly experience, preferably in cable and wire
- Must have hand crimping experience
- Ability to read and understand drawings, travelers, and bills of material
- Familiar with measuring tools, crimp tools, wire cutting equipment and stripping machines
- Must know how to solder pins, contacts and solder cups, solder sleeves, bus wire splice
- Training in IPC-610 and IPC-620
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Solid time management skills
- Physical dexterity and mechanical skills
- Good math and reading skills
Hours for this position are Monday through Thursday, 7:00am-4:30pm and every other Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm. Pay depends on experience. Apply to be a Cable Assembler today!
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.