Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Join a leader in fiber optic and electrical cable for submarines as a Cable Assembler! You’ll work a great first-shift schedule with competitive pay and benefits. This Portsmouth company is looking for someone who can adapt to change and maintain a professional, positive attitude. If that sounds like you, don’t miss this chance to work for one of the premier employers in the Seacoast area!
Responsibilities of the Cable Assembler
- Perform a variety of intricate wiring and bonding on fiber optic cable, connectors, electrical penetrators, junction boxes, and similar equipment under direction of supervisor
- Read and interpret schematic wiring diagrams and process sheets
- Use simple electrical instruments to make polarity determinations, measure insulating resistance, and perform dielectric withstanding voltage tests
- Properly assemble products and use various molds and plastic injection devices
- Work from detailed instructions on standard assemblies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Cable Assembler
- 5-7 years or more of related experience, technical school, and/or training
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and ability to work well with others
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, ERP or MRP systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Willingness to learn new skills and train others
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity
Hours for this Cable Assembler position are Monday through Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm. Pay starts at $18/hour. Apply today to work at this rapidly growing company!
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.