Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Portsmouth, NH, USA
Are you a manufacturing professional with Cable Assembly experience looking for work? Do you like 3 day weekends? This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
A fast-growing manufacturing company located in Portsmouth, NH is looking for a motivated and skilled individual to join their Fiber Optic Cable Assembly team on the 2nd Shift.
Responsibilities of the Cable Assembler include:
- Reading of drawings/blueprints, production documentation, complete documentation.
- Preparation and inspection of components for assembly; cleaning, part verification and fit-checks, grit blasting.
- Cutting, stripping, cleaning, inspection and handling of fiber optic cables in preparation for termination.
- Terminations of cable contacts involving various tools, epoxy procedures, crimping, handling and inspection.
- Polishing techniques and methods for cable contacts, polishing papers, sequence, handling, inspection.
- Knowledge and completion of optical testing including proper use of test jumpers, insertion loss and return loss equipment and documenting measurements.
Requirements of the Cable Assembler:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of safety documents and operating instructions
- 1-2 years’ manufacturing/production experience
- Ability to use basic high school math skills
This is a long term, full-time opportunity. Starting pay is $18+/hour. 2nd shift hours are Monday-Thursday, 2:30pm – 1:00am. (Alternative schedule of Monday – Friday, 2 PM – 10:30 PM may also be possible for the right candidate).
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com, call 603-749-4810, or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.
About Leddy Group:
We are Leddy Group… a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA. One great brand… multiple specialties in accounting and finance, administrative and executive assistants, engineering, human resources, industrial and skilled manufacturing, and office support and customer service.
At Leddy Group we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. This is the compass which leads us to put the right people in the right places. Methodology and process to assess skills and experience. Focusing on fit, company, and culture.
The success of our team is based on the success of our outcomes and your satisfaction. Period. Do what you love … love what you do. Put people first … always.