Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A leader in fiber optic and electrical cable for submarines is now hiring a Cable Assembler. Both first and second shift hours are available. Don’t miss this direct hire role with competitive pay and benefits at one of the premier employers in the Seacoast area!
Responsibilities of the Cable Assembler
- Perform a variety of intricate wiring and bonding on fiber optic cable, connectors, electrical penetrators, junction boxes, and similar equipment
- Read and interpret schematic wiring diagrams and process sheets
- Use simple electrical instruments to make polarity determinations, measure insulating resistance, and perform dielectric withstanding voltage tests
- Assemble products and use various molds and plastic injection devices
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Cable Assembler
- 1+ years or more of related experience, technical school, and/or training; hobbies will be considered for experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing
- Strong math skills
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products, ERP or MRP systems
- Flexible team player with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints
- Willingness to learn new skills and train others
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good visual acuity and manual dexterity
Hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm or 2:30pm-10:30pm. The pay range starts at $18-$20/hour and 2nd shift offers a 10% shift differential. Apply today for this Cable Assembler role at a rapidly growing company!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.