A well-established Manchester business is seeking a licensed Civil Engineer to join their dynamic team. In this role you will perform calculations using structural design software, analyze aluminum extrusions and steel fasteners, and determine their structural capacity. This is a direct-hire opportunity with great benefits at a growing company that has been in business for over 60 years!
Responsibilities of the Civil Engineer
- Provide technical support to various departments (Estimating, Sales, Drafting, Purchasing, Contracts Administration, Manufacturing, and Field Services) to help ensure proper product selection, optimum bidding and design, and customer satisfaction
- Perform formal structural calculations on translucent panel systems
- Provide calculations and thermal performance data on products based on NFRC and ASHRAE guidelines
- Participate in product testing for structural, fire, and other performance criteria
- Use various structural engineering software programs
- Assemble formal structural calculations for projects
- Occasional travel required
Qualifications of the Civil Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required
- A background in steel and aluminum design
- Licensure as a professional engineer (PE)
- Proficiency in computer-assisted design (CAD) and structural design software, such as RISA
- Experience with curtain wall, storefront, windows, composites, or sandwich panels a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience communicating project requirements and providing guidance on design modifications to stakeholders
If you have the necessary qualifications and would like to work for a company with innovative, energy efficient products, apply today for this Civil Engineer position!
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We put the right people in the right places through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing. We combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. Our goal is to exceed your expectations; our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.