Class A Welder
Class A Welder
Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Class A Welder
A leading contract manufacturer of specialized equipment for the defense, medical, semiconductor, and industrial markets is looking for a Class A Welder in Manchester, NH. If you’re a self-starter and want to work at a company that values excellence, integrity, and innovation, this is a great direct-hire opportunity!
Responsibilities of the Class A Welder
- Fabricate and weld a variety of metals from sheet stock to heavy plate, utilizing welding processes including Tig, Mig, stick, and occasional brazing
- Perform work using basic hand tools, like jigs and fixtures, and precision measuring devices
- Work independently on fixturing weldments and create tooling as required for new jobs
- Interpret blueprints, weld symbols, machining requirements, and datums to weld and create fixtures
- Work with manufacturing, quality control, and engineering to solve problems with weldments or prints
- Train and mentor lower-level welders
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe, and clean environment
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with them to accomplish shared purposes and goals
- Abide by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly observe all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations
Qualifications of the Class A Welder
- Expert level knowledge of military specification and AWS specifications
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles such as how pre/post machining operations are affected by weldments made by the welder
- In-depth blueprint reading, including all weld symbols, machining requirements, and datums
- Extensive knowledge of NDT (does not have to be a Level II Inspector, but has full understanding of what a Level II is responsible for and how to perform all NDT)
- Understands all requirements of military and AWS workmanship requirements; passes Workmanship exam
- Can read and operate all inspection tooling (verniers, height gages)
- Can create tight tolerance weldments and straighten as required
- Can safely operate manual vertical milling machines, saws, grinders, and overhead cranes
- Full understanding of all internal weld procedures and welding-related operational procedures
- Expert at all weld process used by GSM (GTA, GMA & SMA)
- Ability to pass all welder performance qualification tests (welder samples) on first attempt
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
Hours for this position are first shift, working Monday through Thursday from 7:00am-4:15pm, and 7:00am-12:00pm on Fridays. Pay depends on experience, ranging from $23-28/hour.
To apply, email a copy of your resume to email@example.com, see our website at www.leddygroup.com or call 603.666.4051.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.