Class A Welder
Class A Welder
Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Manchester, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Leddy Group is seeking a Class A Welder for a great, long term opportunity in Manchester, NH!
Position Summary for this role:
Fabricates and welds a variety of metals from sheet stock to heavy plate.
Responsibilities of the Welder:
- Works independently on fixturing weldments and creates tooling as required for new jobs.
- Interprets blueprints, weld symbols, machining requirements, and datums to weld and create fixtures.
- Works along with manufacturing, quality control, and engineering to solve problems with weldments or prints.
Qualifications of the Welder:
- Expert-level knowledge of military specification and AWS specifications.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles such as how pre/post-machining operations are affected by weldments made by the welder.
- In-depth blueprint reading including all weld symbols, machining requirements, and datums.
- Knowledge of NDT.
- Can read and operate all inspection tooling (Verniers, height gages).
- Can create tight tolerance weldments and straighten as required.
- Can safely operate manual vertical milling machines, saws, grinders, and overhead cranes.
- Understands all internal weld procedures and welding-related operational procedures.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group… a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA. One great brand… multiple specialties in accounting and finance, administrative and executive assistants, engineering, human resources, industrial and skilled manufacturing, and office support and customer service.
At Leddy Group we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. This is the compass which leads us to put the right people in the right places. Methodology and process to assess skills and experience. Focusing on fit, company, and culture.