Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A leading contract manufacturer of specialized equipment for the defense, medical, semiconductor, and industrial markets is looking for a CNC Machinist in Manchester, NH. In this role, you would set up and operate CNC machines, manual machines, and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts. This is a great direct-hire opportunity at a family-owned company that has been in business over 80 years!
Responsibilities of the CNC Machinist
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of
operations, and setup requirements
- Measure, mark, and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or
workpiece as guides for subsequent machining
- Select, align, and secure fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and
- Calculate and set control to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed,
coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut; or enter commands to retrieve,
input, or edit computerized machine control media
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance
machining, and adjust machine controls or control media as required
- Work with engineering to analyze problems for best solutions
- Mentor and teach employees with lesser capabilities at any point in production, and train others on the setup and operation of machines as needed
- Demonstrate responsibility and accountability for creating a professional, safe,
and clean environment
- Demonstrate commitment to teamwork by establishing effective relationships
and networks with both managers/directors and workers, and collaborating with
them to accomplish shared purposes and goals
- Abide by GSM Code of Ethics and Business Conduct standards and strictly
observe all U.S. and foreign laws and regulations
Qualifications of the CNC Machinist
- Must have previous experience setting up and running CNC machines, as well as horizontal and vertical manual machines
- Must be able to machine complex parts
- Expertise in deburring and finishing techniques
- Expertise in tapping, threading, and thread forms
- Experience using height gages, calipers, micrometers, gage pins, thread gages, and optical comparators
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Expertise in reading and interpreting blueprints and specifications
- Excellent math skills with knowledge of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry preferred
- Ability to plan and execute the sequence of events from start to finish to produce
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
Hours for this direct-hire opportunity are Monday through Thursday, 7:00am-4:15pm and Fridays from 7:00am-12:00pm. Pay ranges from $23-28/hour depending on experience. Apply for this CNC Machinist position today!
To apply for CNC Machinist, email a copy of your resume to email@example.com, see our website at www.leddygroup.com or call 603.666.4051.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.