Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Portsmouth, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Portsmouth designer and manufacturer of enabling technologies for our military is currently seeking multiple CNC Machinists to join their team. This position requires high attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Create and maintain programs for CNC equipment, using the most effective metal removal rates to increase efficiency while optimizing tool life.
- Deliver new and revised programs to the Machine Shop on time in accordance to the production schedule.
- Communicate effectively with machinists, supervisors and engineers to ensure the successful implementation of CNC programs.
- Take direction from, and support, the Components Process Engineer to drive productivity improvements throughout the shop.
- Witness process/program validation and correct as required.
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of tools and fixtures.
- Support “Lean Manufacturing” by understanding, analyzing and streamlining machining processes.
- Improve product machining practices with standard tool packages through new development and/or use of proven cutting methods. Proactively communicate changes to all shop employees.
- Work with manufacturing engineering to standardize component features from a design and manufacturability aspect.
- Assure that your working environment is safe for you and fellow employees.
- Maintain excellent communication and working relationship with all departments within the company.
Requirements of the CNC Machinist:
- Journeyman machinist a plus
- Proven knowledge and understanding of CNC equipment and programming languages
- Proven project management skills (Well Organized and Multitasked, Self starter)
- Proven knowledge of metal cutting tools and techniques
- Working knowledge of MS Office programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong interpersonal communication skills – written and verbal
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Previous experience in Engineer-to-order, Make-to-Order company
- Basic Understanding of “Lean Manufacturing” techniques
- Five years minimum of CNC programming and machine operation experience
- Conversational and EIA code knowledge for multi-axis CNC equipment
- Working experience with Mastercam 3D software
- Experience cutting multiple materials, (Titanium, Stainless, Inconel, Plastics)
- Background or experience in Manual machining
Seeking those with either 1st shift or 2nd shift availability.
1st shift is: 6:00am – 2:30pm Monday through Friday
2nd shift Monday-Thursday 2:30pm – 1:00am
Pay is $22 – $25 per hour.
This assignment is projected to last 6 months. If you are an experienced CNC machinist seeking to get your foot in the door with an international company, please apply today.
Job Location: Portsmouth, NH 03801
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com, call 603-749-4810 or apply online. Please reference job number 40664
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group… a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA. One great brand… multiple specialties in accounting and finance, administrative and executive assistants, engineering, human resources, industrial and skilled manufacturing, and office support and customer service.
At Leddy Group we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. This is the compass which leads us to put the right people in the right places. Methodology and process to assess skills and experience. Focusing on fit, company, and culture.
The success of our team is based on the success of our outcomes and your satisfaction. Period. Do what you love … love what you do. Put people first … always.