Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A leading contract manufacturer in Nashua, NH is seeking a skilled Machinist who has experience with CNC horizontal boring mills. This direct-hire opportunity includes shorter hours on Fridays so you can start your weekends early!
Responsibilities of the CNC Machinist
- Set up and operate CNC machines, manual machines, and machining centers to fabricate parts
- Use blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of
operations, and setup requirements
- Work with engineering to analyze problems for best solutions
- Mentor and teach fellow employees as needed, and collaborate with team to accomplish goals
- Help maintain a professional, safe, and clean work environment
- Perform related duties as assigned
Qualifications of the CNC Machinist
- Must have previous experience setting up and running CNC and manual machines, both horizontal and vertical
- Must be able to plan and execute sequence of events to machine complex parts
- Expertise in deburring and finishing techniques; tapping, threading, and thread forms
- Experience using height gages, calipers, micrometers, gage pins, thread gages, and optical comparators
- Strong troubleshooting and math skills (algebra, geometry, trigonometry preferred)
- Expertise in reading and interpreting blueprints and specifications
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally
Hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00am-4:15pm and Fridays from 7:00am-12:00pm. Pay starts at $23-$28/hour depending on experience. If you’d like to take the next step in your career at a family-owned company that has enjoyed success for over 80 years, apply for this CNC Machinist position today!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.