Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Claremont, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Leddy Group is seeking CNC Machinists for 2nd and 3rd shift in Claremont, NH.
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a stable company. Room for learning and growth within the company.
Responsibilities of the CNC Machinist include:
- Good working knowledge of machine shop operation
- Good communication skills, basic inspection skills
- Achieve prescribed cycle times for jobs
- Perform physical measurements per checklist
- Perform hand-work such as tapping, deburring, assembly, etc
- Capable of performing 2 basic operations or tasks simultaneously
- Able to make adjustments as needed in offsets
- Basic idea of proper tooling for their current jobs.
- Able to change tooling and inspect existing tooling
- Able to send and receive programs to and from machine
- Able to verify work coordinates in case of tool breakage or adjustments
- Able to read and understand blueprints
- Capable of doing set-ups and operate multiple machines including 4 or 5-axis and head attachments
- Able to troubleshoot and adjust programs at the machine. Knowledge of program codes
- Capable of proper tool selection for maximum performance
- Capable of fixture design and manufacturing
- Capable of using electronic inspection equipment in the inspection such as height gage or comparator
- Planning and preparing ahead for next jobs such as material, tooling, and fixtures
- Assist with manufacturing fixturing and selecting tooling for jobs
- Willing to assist others with running and set up
- Knowledge of windows explorer for getting programs and saving modified programs for revisions
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications for the CNC Machinist Include:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Accesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responses well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others; views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts the success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
This is a full time, long-term position. It offers competitive pay including shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift. This company offers excellent benefits including an attendance bonus.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group… a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA. One great brand… multiple specialties in accounting and finance, administrative and executive assistants, engineering, human resources, industrial and skilled manufacturing, and office support and customer service.
At Leddy Group we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. This is the compass which leads us to put the right people in the right places. Methodology and process to assess skills and experience. Focusing on fit, company, and culture.
The success of our team is based on the success of our outcomes and your satisfaction. Period. Do what you love … love what you do. Put people first … always.