Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Claremont, NH
Type: Full Time
Leddy Group is seeking CNC Machinists for 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift in Claremont, NH.
This is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a stable company. Room for learning and growth within the company.
Responsibilities of this role:
- Good working knowledge of machine shop operation
- Good communication skills, basic inspection skills
- Achieve prescribed cycle times for jobs
- Perform physical measurements per checklist
- Perform hand-work such as tapping, deburring, assembly, etc
- Capable of performing 2 basic operations or tasks simultaneously
- Able to make adjustments as needed in offsets
- Basic idea of proper tooling for their current jobs.
- Able to change tooling and inspect existing tooling
- Able to send and receive programs to and from machine
- Able to verify work coordinates in case of tool breakage or adjustments
- Able to read and understand blueprints
- Capable of doing set-ups and operate multiple machines including 4 or 5-axis and head attachments
- Able to troubleshoot and adjust programs at the machine. Knowledge of program codes
- Capable of proper tool selection for maximum performance
- Capable of fixture design and manufacturing
- Capable of using electronic inspection equipment in inspection such as height gage or comparator
- Planning and preparing ahead for next job such as material, tooling, and fixtures
- Assist with manufacturing fixturing and selecting tooling for jobs
- Willing to assist others with running and set up
- Knowledge of windows explorer for getting programs and saving modified programs for revisions
- Other duties may be assigned.
Requirements of the CNC Machinist:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Accesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responses well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others; views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
This is a full time, long-term position. It offers competitive pay including shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shift. This company offers excellent benefits including an attendance bonus.