Location: Nashua, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Engineering consulting company in the industrial industry and design field located in Nashua, NH is seeking a talented Controls Engineer to join their diverse, highly skilled team. This company values their employees just as much as their customers, and encourages a work hard, play hard environment by hosting outings and events for employees.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for working closely with customers to ascertain their needs, design solutions that meet customer specifications, then build and test customized automation equipment. This position requires aptitude with controls, electrical engineering, and a strong understanding of mechanical systems.
Daily responsibilities of the Controls Engineer:
- With the team, meet with customers to define project needs. Assist with creating proposals for customers.
- Design automated solutions based on customer needs, including designing and documenting electrical panel layouts, creating electrical schematics, analyzing power requirements, specifying cabling and routing, and selecting the correct hardware to build the product.
- HMI Programming, and PLC Programming using Siemens, Allen Bradley, and others.
- Assist in building and performing Factory and Site Acceptance Testing on systems.
Requirements of the Controls Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (other Engineering disciplines with applicable experience will be considered).
- 5+ years of experience in designing and building automation equipment.
- Experience designing solutions using AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Experience designing electrical panel layouts.
- Experience with Motion Control Systems.
- Strong aptitude for troubleshooting and resolving issues.
- Must be a team player and self-starter with strong abilities to multitask and prioritize.
- SolidWorks and PLC Programming experience strongly preferred.
This is a full time, first shift position that requires overtime during busy periods. Salary will be dependent on experience.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group… a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA. One great brand… multiple specialties in accounting and finance, administrative and executive assistants, engineering, human resources, industrial and skilled manufacturing, and office support and customer service.
At Leddy Group we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. This is the compass which leads us to put the right people in the right places. Methodology and process to assess skills and experience. Focusing on fit, company, and culture.
The success of our team is based on the success of our outcomes and your satisfaction. Period. Do what you love … love what you do. Put people first … always.