Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Our client is seeking a Distribution Supervisor to oversee second shift operations at their Londonderry, NH facility. This direct hire role would be perfect for someone with proven leadership skills and previous distribution experience, possibly in retail. If that sounds like you, then don’t hesitate to apply!
Responsibilities of the Distribution Supervisor
- Organize work flow to meet operational targets and customer expectations
- Manage training, performance management, and employee relations issues for team of 8-15 employees
- Provide coaching and professional development opportunities as appropriate
- Conduct physical inventory counts
- Evaluate stock shortages and coordinate replenishment
- Cross train to provide coverage for all positions within department as needed
- Maintain effective communications with colleagues to ensure efficient daily shift changes
- Open and close facility as needed, following all security measures
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ensure proper use, storage, and general upkeep of company equipment
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
Qualifications of the Distribution Supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of distribution center/warehouse environment experience
- 2+ years of supervisory/leadership experience
- Ability to complete and maintain forklift certification
- Ability to prioritize and multitask as needed
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Solid computer skills including MS Office and WMS; SAP experience a plus
- Ability to work well with others and foster a collaborative, team-based environment
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work extended hours, including days and weekends, as needed
- Ability to read, write, and speak English at a proficient level
Hours for this Distribution Supervisor position are Monday through Friday, 3:00pm-11:30pm with occasional overtime.
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.