Join one of the largest and most well-established engineering companies in the US as an Electrical Engineer! In this role, you’ll be involved with the design, implementation, system analysis, and commissioning of medium and low-voltage systems. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer
- Work on the detailed design for low, medium and high-voltage distribution systems, including physical routing of circuits, installation details, conduit layout, and electrical room design
- Work on circuit design, operational sequences, installation support, and startup support of on-site power generation and microgrids for private and utility customers
- Provide control enclosure manufacturing support and designs, such as station electrical service, lighting, cable tray, AC load center, DC load centers, battery sizing, and other facility design requirements
- Work on the design of one-line diagrams, three-line diagrams, control panels, and approval of manufacturing equipment drawings, and the implementation of these designs
- Implement the specialty software, power calculations, system analysis, development of relay protection, and control settings
- Apply NEC, IEEE, NFPA, and other regulations and standards in the provided designs and installations
- Work on quality and project plans, process control sequence of operations, standard practices and procedures, scope of supply, requests for information, customer correspondence, and code commenting
- Support multiple projects under the guidance of a more senior engineer
- Maintain successful client relationships through status updates, scope clarification, work planning, and travel to sites as required
- Provide detailed, accurate project documentation
- Occasionally work on programming of protection relays and other equipment
- Provide site investigation or construction support efforts
- Use AutoCAD, ETAP, and other software tools for the design of hardware and other equipment solutions
- Learn and comply with electrical safety requirements on active construction sites and at active operating power plants that have steam, high voltage electrical, and other hazards
Qualifications of the Electrical Engineer
- BSEE is preferred; an equivalent degree and/or experience may be substituted
- 1-5 years of Electrical Engineering hands-on experience in the power utility industry is preferred
- Some knowledge of 480V and medium voltage power systems is required
- Willingness to learn software such as SKM Powertools, ETAP, ASPEN, EasyPower, etc.
- Willingness to learn how subsystems in a power generating facility interact including mechanical, process (steam/water), and electrical
- US citizenship plus capability and willingness to meet strenuous background check requirements of Federal, port, and critical energy infrastructure facilities is required
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed (20% to 50%)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal and customer service skills
If you have the necessary qualifications, apply now for this Electrical Engineer position at a successful, employee-owned company!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We put the right people in the right places through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing. We combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. Our goal is to exceed your expectations; our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.