Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A well-known manufacturer is looking for a dependable, skilled Electrical Technician to maintain the machinery, equipment, and systems at their Manchester, NH facility. The company is open to candidates of all levels of experience, so don’t hesitate to apply for this direct hire opportunity!
Responsibilities of the Electrical Technician
- Perform skilled electrical maintenance and repairs including adjustments, calibrations, troubleshooting, installations, and monitoring
- Develop, maintain, coordinate, and perform PM and PdM requirements for plant machinery and equipment with a focus on reducing downtime and improving machine performance
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of electrical devices used on plant equipment to include PLCs, AC/DC drives, motor controllers, positioning devices, motion control systems, network systems, user interfaces, and related machine controls
- Assist with maintaining adequate stockroom inventory; order parts and communicate with suppliers, vendors, and technical representatives as needed
- Work collaboratively with company engineers for equipment and/or facility modifications and upgrades
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, machine documentation, and manufacturer specifications for troubleshooting performance issues, determining PM/PdM requirements, and recommending improvements
- Oversee work performed by contractors as needed
- Follow ISO 14001 Environmental Management System guidelines, OSHA regulations, and company safety policies and procedures
- Complete all necessary paperwork and manage machine documentation archives
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Qualifications of the Electrical Technician
- Journeyman Electricians license is preferred
- Five years of electrical and controls experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and experience with PLCs, AC/DC drives, and other industrial control components/devices
- Good mechanical abilities and experience with mechanical machine maintenance/repair
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical diagrams and drawings
- Good electrical craftsmanship – ability to bend pipe/conduit and perform quality installation of electrical systems and components
- Ability to utilize meters, calibration devices, and other electrical monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer proficient with willingness to advance computer skills
- Good decision-making skills and ability to prioritize tasks
Hours for this Electrical Technician position are Monday through Friday, 3pm-11pm. Pay depends on experience, ranging up to $32/hour.
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.