Speciality: Engineering, View All Jobs
Location: Sanford, ME, USA
Type: Full Time
We are seeking an Engineering Manager for our Southern Maine client. This established, stable organization is a key contributor to the manufacture of machines used to do good work in a wide array of settings. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the mechanical and electrical engineering operations, customer technical support and production support.
Responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer
- Participate in the development of the annual operations plan/budget with goals and milestones that meet the goals of the strategic plan on an annual basis
- Collaborates with customer design, purchasing, and marketing teams to provide OEM solutions for their product requirements
- Develop and help maintain intellectual property including patents, trademarks, etc.
- Provides sales, marketing, and technical services departments with any required technical assistance and customer service for proposals
- Develops and documents engineering standards and specifications
- Prepare or approve all electrical product documentation
- Communicate with manufacturing departments to interpret and revise both designs and work practices for continuous improvement, DFMA
- Review designs to assure conformity to NSF, CSA, TUV and UL guidelines as well as any other appropriate governing or controlling agencies and special customer requirements
- Develop processes to relentlessly improve engineering/administrative and design throughput to meet deadlines
- Other projects, tasks, and responsibilities as assigned by the General Manager
Qualification of the Electrical Engineer
- B.S. in a relevant engineering discipline, minimum of ten (10) years of experience as an Electrical Engineer plus ten (10) years’ experience as a technical manager required
- Mechanical design experience preferred
- Proven ability with intellectual property including reading and writing patents, understanding of trademarks, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers as well as all levels of the company
- Experience with StageGATE methodology and Project Management
- Proficiency in MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
The Engineering Manager has responsibility for setting policy and for relentlessly supporting and driving performance metrics from both the engineering group and production. Apply now to work with a wide array of leadership and staff to make a big difference in a mid-size company!
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.