Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A growing sitework and utility installation company based in Epping, NH is now hiring an Excavation Foreman! You’ll manage all equipment, labor, and materials on assigned commercial and municipal projects to achieve timely and profitable completion. If you are dependable, a strong leader, and have construction experience, don’t miss this direct-hire opportunity with great benefits!
Responsibilities of the Excavation Foreman
- Directly supervise crew and subcontractors on site(s) on a daily basis
- Assist Field Supervisor, Project Managers, and Operations Manager in managing projects according to design, budget, quality, and schedule
- Effectively and efficiently manage production on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Provide technical assistance, including interpretation of drawings and recommendations of construction methods and equipment
- Inspect all phases of site work for quality and to ensure compliance with contract, codes, and specifications
- Maintain good relationships with internal personnel and external resources including clients, subcontractors, suppliers, Architects/Engineers, etc.
- Support and help develop quality team members that can grow within the company and achieve their career goals
- Delegate responsibilities to subordinates and ensure their performance is to the standards dictated per plan or specifications
- Implement and enforce safety and health rules and standards
- Build and manage detailed short-term schedules in partnership with Field Supervisor, Project Managers, and Operations Manager, ensuring needed resources are available on time and all activities take place on or ahead of schedule
- Order materials and supplies to complete the job per the job-specific field guidance book
- Conduct site walks with customers, managers, engineers, etc. as needed
- Recommend cost and scheduling improvements
- Participate in weekly/monthly management meetings
- Install sewer and water services
- Schedule municipal inspections
- Assist in the setup and operation of laser/GPS equipment
- Ensure trenches or culverts are properly graded, shored, installed, etc.
- Follow proper operating procedures and safety practices
- Complete daily log entries, timesheets, change orders, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Excavation Foreman
- Minimum of 5 years construction experience and 2 years in a Foreman role, or equivalent experience
- Broad understanding of construction industry with specific expertise in earthwork and utilities
- Familiarity with drawings, blueprints, specifications, and terms and conditions of project requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Creative, detail-oriented, and reliably independent
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment while working well with the team
- Experienced smartphone user
- Strong interpersonal skills; enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- A valid U.S. driver’s license and clean DMV record
- Must be available to work overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary
- Must maintain a professional, well-groomed appearance
- Ability to work in physically demanding conditions (extreme weather, walk long distances, rugged outdoor terrain, occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.)
The Excavation Foreman is a full time, first shift position. Pay depends on experience, ranging from $60,000-$70,000/year. Benefits include health insurance, 401(k), company truck, paid time off, and unique perks like discounts on heating fuel and landscaping services. During slower months, employees have the opportunity to work for the business’s other companies, such as snow removal, so you can count on reliable, year-round work. If you would like to join a growing company with a track record of excellence and respectful company culture, apply today!
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We put the right people in the right places through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing. We combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. Our goal is to exceed your expectations; our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.