Location: Manchester, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
The Manchester Police Athletic League (MPAL) is partnering with Leddy Group in its search for an Executive Director. MPAL, a 501(c)3 non-profit, is an after-school organization that offers athletic and enrichment programs including aikido, arm wrestling, boxing, cooking, cross-training, homework help, jiu-jitsu, judo, life skills, and wrestling. The goal of the organization is to provide youth with a safe, positive environment where police officers serve as coaches and mentors. The Executive Director will serve as the chief administrator, providing leadership and implementing policies and programs to carry out the work of the organization in an efficient and effective manner.
Responsibilities of the Executive Director:
- Oversee the daily administration of the organization by implementing policies, procedures, and programs.
- Draft and implement performance standards and conduct performance reviews for senior leadership.
- Report to the Board of Directors, maintaining open communication and disclosure of the conditions, operations, and needs of the organization.
- Draft, present, and recommend organizational policies and programs to the Board.
- Oversee preparation of the annual budget.
- Facilitate periodic audits and compliance activities for the organization.
- Support and direct public relations activities to build and maintain relationships with other organizations and the public.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Executive Director:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the organization’s mission and vision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with community partners, business leaders, donors, participants, and families.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and, at times, stressful environment.
- Experience with Salesforce, design software, and social media a plus
- Willingness to be a team player and take on a variety of duties
- Bachelor’s degree in non-profit administration, business administration, or other related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three to five years of business administration, non-profit leadership and/or experience related to organizational leadership with supervisory and experience preferred.
- Applicant will be required to pass a NH Criminal Record background and a NH Child Offender Registry check.
This Executive Director opportunity is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and benefits.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.