Join a global leader as a Facilities Engineer in Newburyport, MA! In this direct-hire role you’ll help ensure facility equipment is up and running to produce this company’s innovative foils and films. This full-time, first-shift opportunity includes great benefits like medical, vision, dental, 401(k) matching, company-paid life insurance and disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, education reimbursement, and more!
Responsibilities of the Facilities Engineer
- Maintain building and grounds
- Plan, execute, and monitor all facility and property improvement projects, including coordination of contractors
- Oversee corrective and preventative maintenance activities
- Ensure that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in safe, operable condition
- Secure equipment bids and make recommendations for purchase when replacement or new equipment is required
- Develop, implement, and review equipment records
- Develop hazard control practices and programs, including PPE policies, safe work permitting, and lock out tag out
- Establish target areas and long-range accident prevention and cost-control objectives
- May arrange for or provide safety and maintenance training to personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Facilities Engineer
- Associate’s degree with 5 years of relevant experience, Bachelor’s degree with 3 years relevant experience, or 10 years of experience relevant to position scope in manufacturing maintenance role
- Experience with preventative maintenance programs
- Experience with electro-mechanical control systems
- Ability to use a fork truck
- Basic computer skills
- Project management skills with demonstrated experience solving complex problems
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead/supervise others effectively
- Working knowledge of high vacuum systems, web handling, roll-to-roll processing, web coating, and web converting is desirable
We look forward to hearing from you about this Facilities Engineer opportunity!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.