Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A well-known manufacturer is looking for a skilled Facilities Mechanic to perform basic operating and maintenance functions on various industrial equipment at their Manchester, NH facility. You’ll never be bored at this great first shift, direct hire opportunity!
Responsibilities of the Facilities Mechanic
- Install, operate, maintain, and repair the machinery, equipment, and systems throughout facility
- Troubleshoot wiring and complete basic electrical repairs
- Perform plumbing, pipe fitting, mechanical assembly installation, pump and valve repair
- Test, interpret, and maintain water chemistry program for various systems
- Maintain building and prepare office spaces for employees, i.e., painting, patching, drywall installation, office furniture construction, and door repairs
- Oversee work performed by contractors as needed
- Follow ISO 14001 Environmental Management System guidelines, OSHA regulations, and company safety policies and procedures
- Document all maintenance and inventory control activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Qualifications of the Facilities Mechanic
- 5 years of experience in industrial manufacturing maintenance or related environment
- Mechanical skills including pipe fitting, plumbing, and equipment maintenance and repairs
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, plumbing, piping, and facility-related diagrams and drawings
- Ability to utilize gauges, meters, calipers, micrometers, and other measurement devices and troubleshooting tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills including MS Office and AutoCAD
- Good decision-making skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience with Steam boiler and Cogen electrical power generation systems is a plus
- EPA Section 608 Universal Technician Certification is a plus
- HVAC experience in a commercial or industrial environment is a plus
- Associate’s Degree in technical discipline and/or trade school certification in HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical is preferred but not required
Hours for this Facilities Mechanic position are Monday through Friday, 7:00am-3:00pm.
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.