Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A well-known manufacturer is looking for a skilled Facilities Mechanic to perform basic operating and maintenance functions on various industrial equipment at their Somersworth, NH facility. You’ll stay busy with a variety of tasks at this great first shift, direct hire opportunity!
Responsibilities of the Facilities Mechanic
- Install, operate, maintain, and repair the machinery, equipment, and systems throughout facility
- Troubleshoot wiring and complete basic electrical repairs
- Perform plumbing, pipe fitting, mechanical assembly installation, pump and valve repair
- Maintain water chemistry program for various systems
- Prepare office spaces for employees, i.e., painting, patching, drywall installation, office furniture construction, and door repairs
- Oversee work performed by contractors as needed
- Follow ISO 14001 Environmental Management System guidelines, OSHA regulations, and company safety policies and procedures
- Document all maintenance and inventory control activities
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required
Qualifications of the Facilities Mechanic
- 5 years of experience in industrial manufacturing maintenance or related environment
- Mechanical skills including pipe fitting, plumbing, and equipment maintenance and repairs
- Ability to read and understand diagrams and drawings
- Ability to utilize gauges, meters, calipers, micrometers, and other measurement devices and troubleshooting tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills including MS Office and AutoCAD
- Good decision-making skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience with Steam boiler and Cogen electrical power generation systems is a plus
- EPA Section 608 Universal Technician Certification is a plus
- HVAC experience in a commercial or industrial environment is a plus
- Associate’s Degree in technical discipline and/or trade school certification in HVAC, Plumbing, or Electrical is preferred but not required
Hours for this Facilities Mechanic position are Monday through Friday, 7:00am-3:00pm.
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.