Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
If you like variety in your day and want every other Friday off, then check out this Lead Shipper position in Nashua, NH! You’ll be in charge of shipping and receiving goods for this family business that has manufactured its products – and continued to innovate and grow – since 1870. This is a direct hire role with great first shift hours and benefits including health, dental, life, short term disability, 401(k), and 8 paid holidays!
Responsibilities of the Lead Shipper
- Transact all finished goods and inventory
- Count and package outgoing material per backlog report and shipping priorities
- Maintain labels, counts, and records such as stock orders, packing slips, outside processing purchase orders, Bills of Lading, and production audit sheets
- Order and manage supplies
- Validate and generate receipts for incoming materials in the system
- Schedule freight shipments and generate necessary paperwork
- Assist kitting area as needed
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Maintain an organized and safe work environment
Qualifications of the Lead Shipper
- Minimum 2 year of experience in shipping and/or receiving
- Strong computer skills; experience with an ERP system a plus
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing
- Experience with exporting and shippers export docs a plus
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to use measuring equipment such as verniers is a plus
- Familiarity with ISO, kan ban, and lean manufacturing a plus
- Ability to lift 20-30 lbs. regularly, 50 lbs. occasionally, and stand throughout most of a 9-hour shift
This position works a 9-80 work week, which means an extra 26 days off per year! Hours are Monday through Thursday, 6:00am-3:30pm, and every other Friday, 6:00am-2:30pm. Pay depends on experience, ranging from $16-$22/hour. This Lead Shipper role includes opportunity for growth and advancement, so don’t hesitate to apply today!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.