Speciality: Administrative & Office Support, Legal
Location: Manchester, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
A diverse personal injury and workers’ compensation practice is seeking a Legal Assistant for their Manchester, NH office. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience and strong computer, organizational, and multi-tasking skills. This is a great opportunity to work within a well-known law office that takes pride in providing a positive and collaborative work environment!
Responsibilities of the Legal Assistant
- Work as a team and independently while supporting personal injury and workers comp attorneys
- Request, review, and organize medical records
- Prepare medical evidence for hearings and trial
- Schedule depositions, mediations, and independent medical examinations
- Manage personal injury/workers compensation files
- Other duties as required
Qualifications of the Legal Assistant
- 5 years of legal assistant or paralegal experience and a bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of court rules and discovery deadlines
- Proficiency with electronic filing systems in state and federal courts
- The ability to file pleadings in both state and federal courts
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Adobe, NetDocuments, and Centerbase
- Excellent communication skills with clients, court staff, claims adjusters, and opposing counsel
- Attention to detail and proofreading skills are a must!
If you take pride in your work, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and are enthusiastic, apply today for this Legal Assistant position!
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.