Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing, View All Jobs
Location: Londonderry, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
A manufacturing company in Londonderry, NH is looking for a Machine Operator to join its team. You can choose first or second shift to best fit your schedule. This is a great opportunity with an employee-owned company that has been in business for over 160 years!
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator
- Operate a variety of production machines properly, under limited supervision
- Ensure machines are working at full capacity, stocked with needed materials, and well-maintained
- Perform periodic checks on output
- Perform trial runs of initial setups and make new design tryouts as necessary
- Check finished work to specifications or blueprints
- Work from specifications, work orders, blueprints, and general instructions from supervisor
- May maintain some clerical reports or records
- Ensure quality of finished parts, and notify Plant Manager or Quality Department in case of any discrepancies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, and apply feedback to improve performance
- Observe all safety and security procedures
Qualifications of the Machine Operator
- High school diploma or equivalent, or 5 years industry experience
- Ability to read blueprints and understand specifications
- Keen attention to detail is required
- Good decision-making skills
- Ability to provide instruction to other operators
- Good math skills to understand complex instructions and how schematics work
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Well organized
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and respectful of others
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
First shift hours for this Machine Operator position are Monday through Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm. Second shift is Monday through Friday, 10:00am-6:00pm; these hours are temporary due to COVID and are anticipated to return to the normal second shift hours of 2:00pm-10:00pm. Pay starts at $16/hour with a 10% differential for second shift.
To apply, email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, see our website at www.leddygroup.com or call 603.666.4051.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.