Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing, View All Jobs
Location: Nashua, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
A fast-growing developer of currency and banknote technology is looking for a Machine Operator in Nashua, NH. This is a great direct-hire job at a company that focuses on quality and innovation – and offers lots of opportunity for career growth!
Responsibilities of the Machine Operator
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently to maximize yields and uptime while ensuring conformance to customer specifications and quality standards
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all components of the equipment, with the ability to set up orders and troubleshoot problems when necessary
- Follow standard operating procedures and guidelines for make-ready, troubleshooting, security, record keeping, and quality testing
- Perform set changes in a timely fashion, utilizing a team approach
- Perform final visual quality inspection of spools for cut graphics and other quality issues
- Operate rewinding equipment when necessary
- Complete related records, reports, and paperwork for proper documentation, including packing lists and labels
- Make boxes, package spools, label product, and palletize boxes
- Follow proper quality control procedures for inspection of product
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment, including the proper use of PPE and 5S
Qualifications of the Machine Operator
- One year of manufacturing experience required
- Web handling experience a plus
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity a plus
- Reliable, professional, and hardworking
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to learn the computer skills required to control the associated operation monitoring functions on both the PLC and inspection system computers, including ERP systems, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be willing to work shift work, overtime, and weekends as required
- Ability to read, write, keep neat and accurate records, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Experience with Lean concepts and 5S is desired
- Ability to perform required functions with a minimum of direct supervision
Choose from three different shifts to best meet your scheduling needs! All shifts work Monday through Friday. Hours are 1st shift 6:00am-2:30pm, 2nd shift 2:00pm-10:30pm, and 3rd shift 10:00pm-6:30am. Pay starts at $17/hour, with a 15% and 20% shift differential for 2nd and 3rd shifts, respectively. Apply today for this Machine Operator position!
To apply, email a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, see our website at www.leddygroup.com or call 603.666.4051.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.