Location: Manchester, NH, USA
Machine Operators – 2nd and 3rd shifts
Large cable manufacturer in Manchester is seeking 2nd and 3rd shift Machine Operators in Manchester, NH. This company has been in business for over 30 years and has continued to grow and be a leader in the market.
Responsibilities of the Machine Operators:
- Set-up and operation of finished goods respool machine according to manufacturing spec and job cards.
- Responsible to meet production standards by performing quality checks in accordance with ISO quality procedures.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing processes to meet production schedules and customer deadlines
- Maintain cleanliness of machines including utilizing Jet Printers to print cables according to specifications
- Perform preventative maintenance functions
- Communicate and work closely with fellow operators and supervisors to produce quality products
- Observes safety procedures and use equipment and materials properly
- Work a full time shift schedule with regular attendance and ability to work overtime as needed
Qualifications of the Machine Operators:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of manufacturing experience, including skills with machinery equipment and troubleshooting (Cable and wire experience a plus)
- Reading comprehension skills to understand written manufacturing specifications, instructions, and procedures
- Strong math skills and above average mechanical aptitude necessary
- Attention to detail is required in machine operation and minimizing scrap
- Hands on experience using micrometers, calipers, gauges, and other measuring devices
- Ability to complete written production paperwork neatly and legibly
- Must have visual acuity and ability to distinguish colors and pass a colorblind test
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive motions
- Required to talk, hear and demonstrate manual hand and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination to handle machinery, materials, tools and parts
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. of materials
2nd shift is Monday – Friday 3PM-11PM
3rd shift is Monday night to Saturday morning- 11PM-7AM
Pay ranges between $17-19/hour
About Leddy Group:
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.