Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing, View All Jobs
Location: Portsmouth, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
An advanced technology manufacturing company in Portsmouth, NH is looking for a motivated and skilled individual to be a Maintenance Mechanic. This fast-growing company specializes in electrical interconnect systems for extreme environments. Here is your chance to work for one of the premier employers in the area with both a great facility and culture!
Responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic
- Manage mechanical in-house repairs throughout facility and grounds
- Perform work in various maintenance trades including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting
- Complete routine equipment repair, preventative equipment maintenance, building upgrades, and installation of fixtures
- Make periodic or special inspections of premises to determine needed repair work
- Perform various duties including trash handling, handling chemicals, floor scrubbing with machine, and forklift operating
- Work on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations
- Receive general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments
- May work from rough sketches and drawings
- Process water system operation and maintenance
Qualifications of the Maintenance Mechanic
- 2+ years of experience in the maintenance trades
- Formal knowledge in a specialized field, including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and painting
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and utilize complex drawings, mathematics, and handbook formulas
- Ability to use a variety of precision measuring instruments
- Valid driver’s license
Hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 2:00pm-10:30pm. Pay depends on experience. Apply today for this Maintenance Mechanic position!
To apply, email a copy of your resume to Seacoast@leddygroup.com, see our website at www.leddygroup.com or call 603.749.4810.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.