Speciality: Engineering, View All Jobs
Location: Boxborough, MA, USA
Type: Full Time
A technological leader is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer! Here is your chance to work at a small company known for its great work environment and excellence in engineering design. This direct-hire role includes a comprehensive benefits plan that you are eligible for upon hire, with paid time off, employee stock ownership, 401K and more!
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineer
- Manage cross-training and certifications for production personnel, utilizing the production cross-training matrix tool
- Provide direct hands-on technical support on the production floor
- Assist Assembly Technicians to mature product, process, and testing capabilities
- Compile data, advanced work instructions, pictures, videos, and job close-out material to rapidly mature new or problematic assemblies
- Make regular suggestions for mechanical or electrical modifications to rapidly mature new design for producibility
- Work as the main conduit with Mechanical and Electrical design engineers
- Contribute to engineering new job kickoff process
- Write production testing data sheets
- Author product process routers and field return failure analysis documentation
- Design needed fixturing to improve producibility and efficiency
- Document complex processes involved with assembly and testing
- Perform key electrical function on Materials Review Board
- Demonstrate proficiency with all RF and fiber optic test equipment
- Set up automated testing lines (ATE w/ Matlab desirable)
- Use knowledge of microwave assembly tooling, fixturing, and techniques to recognize microwave product deficiencies and troubleshoot to resolution
- Contribute to the Lean Continuous Improvement process
Qualifications of the Manufacturing Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or equivalent focused in RF/microwave product development
- Minimum five years related experience in the RF passive microwave testing and assembly environment
- Supervisory experience in RF passive microwave component testing and assembly is preferred but not required
- Experience with CST analytical tools is a plus
- Must have good hand dexterity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of geometric tolerancing
- Knowledge of all in-process assembly and testing procedures
- Experience with all modern RF network analyzers and fiber optic test equipment
- Advanced mathematical and computation aptitude required
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated with advanced problem-solving skills
- Must make product maturity and quality a priority
This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity. Apply today for this Manufacturing Engineer position!
To apply, email an MS Word copy of your resume to email@example.com, see our website at www.leddygroup.com or call 603.766.2004.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.