Specialty: , Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
If you’re a team player looking for an active job at a great company, then don’t miss this Material Handler position in Kittery, ME. You’ll distribute products received from suppliers and from manufacturing while helping to maintain accurate and adequate inventory levels. This is a great first-shift opportunity that can lead to a direct hire for the right candidate!
Responsibilities of the Material Handler
- Receive, identify, move, and store product per written and verbal instructions
- Use forklift and hand truck to move materials
- Pull and pack parts for shipment
- Assist in establishing point of use storage
- Perform cycle counts and complete proper paperwork
- Monitor pull cards for appropriate inventory, and deliver pull cards to specified mailboxes
- Cross train/fill in with other inventory management positions (receiving, shipping, etc.) as needed
- Keep work area neat, clean, and organized using the 5S+ safety approach
- Follow all OSHA compliance regulations
- Perform other duties as requested or required
Qualifications of the Material Handler
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others and be a participative team player
- Good interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to obtain forklift certification
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work under time constraints
- Flexibility to adapt to changing roles and changing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand/walk for 8-10 hours per day
We look forward to hearing from you about this Material Handler position!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.