Join an industry leader as a Mechanical Engineer! This organization is seeking a well-rounded individual with a forward-thinking approach who will thrive in their small, yet incredibly successful and supportive company environment. You’ll work as part of a passionate team of engineers, designing rugged electronic sensors and guidance systems that are used in harsh environments such as construction machines, agricultural equipment, military vehicles, and ships. This is a direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay!
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer
- Design a variety of molded, machined, printed, stamped, forged, and cast components and assemblies
- Play a key role in both R&D and product development for next generation sensors and navigation systems
- Build world-class housing and enclosure assemblies to enable electronic sensors to survive and report location, position, and orientation with high accuracy for very long periods of time outdoors
- Work with manufacturing to create right-sized tools, jigs, fixtures, and machines to support the high-quality production of products
- Identify, qualify, and manage key suppliers for mechanical components
- Update and modify parts, qualify vendors, and reduce cost for existing products after launch
- Participate in root cause investigations, corrective actions, process improvements, product testing and qualification, and product improvement initiatives
- Develop new and improve existing processes and procedures for new product introduction
- Redesign existing products to reduce cost and address shortcoming of existing designs
Qualifications of the Mechanical Engineer
- S. or M.S. with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience
- Primary background in mechanical engineering with extensive experience in design of components and assemblies
- Experience with fabrication and sourcing of custom parts for small, mid, and high volume made by machining, injection molding, and 3D printing is required
- Additional experience in cold forming, forging, casting, laser and waterjet cutting, deep drawing, wire forming, spring winding, stamping, as well as finishing including cleaning, plating, anodizing, and painting of mechanical parts are a plus
- Proficiency in vendor identification, qualification, relationship management, quality management, price negotiation, domestic and overseas sourcing, and logistics
- SOLIDWORKS required
- Experience with FEA, ANSYS, physics, chemistry, and/or electronics are a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- High attention to detail
This direct-hire position works Monday through Friday in Lebanon, NH. If you would like to use your expertise to contribute to innovative solutions at this successful company, apply now for this Mechanical Engineer position!
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.