A large, well-known manufacturer is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join its growing team. In this direct-hire role, you’ll oversee development of products from concept to the marketplace, ensuring designs implement proper technologies while meeting manufacturing, cost, and timing goals.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer
- Select materials of construction to meet mechanical, environmental, and cost requirements
- Work directly with customers, sales managers, project managers, and internal teams to identify customer requirements, establish design expectations, and meet agreed-upon design, performance, and goals for projects
- Develop and maintain project timelines to ensure all key deliverables are met
- Coordinate prototype and pilot production runs, and perform risk assessment tests
- Coordinate project activities to ensure smooth release of products into manufacturing
- Write technical papers, maintain laboratory notebooks, prepare invention disclosures, and work on patent applications
- Perform related duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Mechanical Engineer
- B.S. in Engineering
- Design experience in sheet metal, machining, die casting, injection molding, and other manufacturing methods
- Knowledge of industry drawing standards and practices and GD&T including ASME Y14.5M
- Demonstrable experience with new product development, executing engineering changes, and formal document control procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in participating and working within multi-disciplinary product development teams
- MS Office, SolidWorks required; ERP/MRP, PLM, PDM preferred
- Experience in piping, plumbing, and combustion design a plus
Salary for this Mechanical Engineer position is commensurate with experience. Apply today to join a company that has enjoyed success for over 100 years!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.