Mold Setter Technician
Mold Setter Technician
Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Wolfeboro, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and processes to produce high-quality plastic injection molded products. While monitoring the effectiveness of processes, this individual quantifies results, documents, and changes corrections. This position also mentors and provides training to other injection molding personnel.
- Operate powered mobile equipment per company standards. Maintain production, maintenance, deviations, and other required records and logs, as instructed.
- Monitors, assists, and troubleshoots existing processes designed to improve product quality, productivity, and overall equipment efficiency.
- Provide technical support to operators and other molding personnel.
- Working from sample parts or instruction, set up and operate standard or specialized machine tools and accessory control devices to make a wide variety of parts.
- Responsible for following 1st piece procedure.
- Process molding machine, making minor changes to process to ensure the quality of all products.
- Make necessary equipment changeovers.
- Observe specific parts of equipment and materials in the process to determine or analyze the cause of machine malfunctions. Repair and/or make any necessary adjustments to equipment to obtain desired operating results.
- Monitor and report issues with injection molds, make recommendations for refurbishment based on production factors such as cycle count, process capability, and tooling history.
- Provide input and obtain information to and from the data terminal, etc. Perform preventive TPM and periodic checks on assigned equipment as instructed. Move or assist to move any equipment as directed. Assist other tradespersons as assigned.
- Modify existing robot programs to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or parts.
- Operate overhead cranes, change molds, and set up machines for production.
- Provide ownership and input of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction of defects, overall process improvement, and/or the reduction of downtime.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities offered by the company.
- Must complete and maintain ISO competencies for department
- Facilitate and support facility and manufacturing safety, environmental, and ergonomics efforts.
To apply for the mechanical assembler, email a copy of your resume to Seacoast@leddygroup.com, see our website at www.leddygroup.com, or call 603.749.4810.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.