Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Billerica, MA, USA
Type: Full Time
Leddy Group is currently seeking a Specialty Packing Operator for a growing manufacturer in Billerica, Massachusetts
Our client’s business was founded in 1966. What does this mean to you? In times of historic events, our client has weathered many storms. And right now? They’re hiring. If you’re a good match for this position, here’s a great opportunity to potentially make a short-term (90-day) position go long term. This client manufactures specialty adhesives for use in high-tech and microelectronic applications. They are looking for someone to join their team to help with production and share some knowledge.
- Test, review and approve filling procedures for packaged materials – syringes, bi-paks, cartridges using a wide range of manual and automated machinery
- Operate/Oversee all packaging machinery – volumetric syringe dispensers, QuickPouch form-filling automated line, pneumatic dispensers, sealers, labelers, centrifuges, cartridge press
- Inspect/Test/Calibrate all packaging equipment and packaged goods to ensure proper operation, absence of bubbles and contamination
- Research and procure replacement parts, upgrades, and improvements via trade shows, and personal relationships with vendors
- Perform all required maintenance on all machinery
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures for new and current instrumentation used to perform lab tests
- Troubleshoot all machinery in the department.
- Be articulate and able to work collaboratively, both internally and externally, as a team player
- Have an understanding of how the machines operate, but also why testing is necessary and how it impacts the equipment and the products
- Work in an environment that emphasizes congeniality, creativity and flexibility
- Working knowledge of specialty packaging equipment including but not limited to: Syringe consumables, dispensers, scales, centrifuges, bi-pak consumables, dispensers, sealers, labelers and high-end automated machinery
- Working knowledge of pneumatic operations, including piston filling and sensor placement and operation
- At Least 3-5 years’ experience in laboratory production conditions
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Bedford@leddygroup.com, call 603-666-4051 or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group… a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA. One great brand… multiple specialties in accounting and finance, administrative and executive assistants, engineering, human resources, industrial and skilled manufacturing, and office support and customer service.
At Leddy Group we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. This is the compass which leads us to put the right people in the right places. Methodology and process to assess skills and experience. Focusing on fit, company, and culture.
The success of our team is based on the success of our outcomes and your satisfaction. Period. Do what you love… love what you do. Put people first… always.