Plant Engineering Manager
Plant Engineering Manager
A global manufacturer is seeking a Plant Engineering Manager to oversee the design, construction, modification, and upgrade of equipment and machinery throughout their state-of-the-art Boscawen, NH facility. This is a direct-hire opportunity at a company that has been in business for over 70 years!
Responsibilities of the Plant Engineering Manager
- Direct and coordinate requirements for new equipment designs, surveys, and feasibility schedules for installation
- Test newly installed machines and equipment to ensure conformance to specifications
- Oversee the manufacturing plant’s mechanical, electrical, and automated systems from installation through upgrades
- Consult with other departments or customers on major projects and/or development of new production processes, and direct work of personnel
- Manage manpower, operational and capital expenditure budgets, planning, development, execution, and control of approved budgets for the entire function
- Prepare bid sheets and contracts for construction and/or facilities acquisition; may negotiate construction and service contracts
- Review operational plans, ensure machinery and processes meet all regulations and standards, and maintain records
- Initiate hiring, discharge, disciplinary actions, and performance ratings
Qualifications of the Plant Engineering Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering
- 4 years of on-the-job experience in engineering and/or middle management
- Good technical skills, dexterity, and knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronics
- Knowledge of programmable modules, e.g., PLCs
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good planning, organizational, and decision-making skills
- Confidence to work independently and also as part of a team in a fast-paced, lean manufacturing environment
- Experience with Inventor and/or AutoCad, industrial SW programming preferred
- Knowledge of ISO standards preferred
Salary for this Plant Engineering Manager position is commensurate with experience. We look forward to hearing from you!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.