Specialty: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A fast-growing developer of currency and banknote technology is now hiring second-shift Press Operators in Nashua, NH. This is a great direct-hire job at a company that focuses on structure, quality, and innovation – and offers lots of opportunity for career growth!
Responsibilities of the Press Operator
- Operate equipment safely and effectively to maximize yields and uptime
- Monitor and control equipment to maintain conformance to customer specifications and quality standards
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all components of the equipment, with the ability to set up orders and troubleshoot problems when necessary
- Follow standard operating procedures and guidelines for make-ready, troubleshooting, security, record keeping, and quality testing
- Perform set changes in a timely fashion utilizing a team approach
- Follow proper quality control procedures for inspection of product
- Operate rewinding equipment when necessary
- Make boxes, package spools, label product, and palletize boxes
- Complete related records, reports, and paperwork
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment, including proper use of PPE and 5S
Qualifications of the Press Operator
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience with a printing press machine
- Ability to learn the computer skills required to control the associated operation monitoring functions on both the PLC and inspection system computers, including ERP systems, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Web handling experience is a plus
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity are a plus
- Must be willing to work shift work, overtime, and weekends as required
- Ability to read, write, keep neat and accurate records, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Experience with Lean Concepts and 5S is desirable
- Ability to work well as part of a team and with a minimum of direct supervision
- Reliable, professional, and hardworking
Hours for this Press Operator position are Monday through Friday, 2:00pm-10:30pm. Pay depends on experience, starting at $22-$25/hour base pay plus a 15% shift differential. Apply today!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We put the right people in the right places through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing. We combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. Our goal is to exceed your expectations; our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.