Specialty: Engineering, Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
A medical device company in Laconia, NH is seeking a leader with strong communication skills for their Production Supervisor role. You’ll coordinate activities of 40+ associates to ensure production requirements, performance goals, and improvement objectives are achieved. The ideal candidate will be able to foster a safe work environment and self-directed team approach. This is a direct-hire opportunity with great benefits in a collaborative, fast-paced environment!
Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor
- Coordinate and monitor activities of team members in alignment with master production schedule and material planning to meet production goals
- Provide direction in the resolution of technical and production-related problems to ensure completion of weekly schedules that meet or exceed company and customer expectations
- Monitor departmental performance measures and provide regular progress reports
- Ensure work orders are closed in Oracle and data is accurate
- Manage hiring, training, performance management, reviews, and corrective actions
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by applying Six Sigma and Lean methodologies
- Promote an atmosphere of diversity, open communication, and trust, affording opportunities for training and growth
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures
- Perform additional special projects, research, high-level analysis, or other functions as required
Qualifications of the Production Supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Operations/Engineering or Business preferred
- Demonstrated product and assembly or machine shop experience
- 5+ years of experience in a supervisory or lead role capacity, preferably in manufacturing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work well independently and with fellow team members
- Attention to detail and well-organized
- Good hand dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. occasionally
Salary is commensurate with experience. We look forward to hearing from you about this Production Supervisor position!
Veterans and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
About Leddy Group
We are a privately owned, regional staffing company serving northern New England since 1994. We are real people helping real people find meaningful employment through our specialties: Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Customer Service, Engineering, HR, Industrial and Skilled Manufacturing.