Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Cavendish, VT, USA
Type: Full Time
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor for a leading custom manufacturer in Southern, VT., doing business for over 90 years! This job offers you the opportunity to be a part of a team that provides a wide range of contract manufacturing services to both small- and mid-size companies as well as blue-chip Fortune 100 giants. This company recognizes its employees are one of their most valuable assets and are committed to a team-oriented work environment that engages employees in policy creation. If you have at least 3-5 years of solid Leadership experience in a Manufacturing environment, apply today!
Responsibilities of the Production Supervisor:
- Coordinates, directs, evaluates and provides training and leadership to twenty or more hourly employees for the assembly and/or molding operations.
- Develops daily schedules, ensures that quality and production goals are met, and troubleshoots problems as required.
- MUST be prepared to be actively engaged in the physical operations of Manufacturing on a 50/50 % time split.
- Managing People Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Improves processes, products, and services; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Qualifications of the Production Supervisor:
- Associates degree (A. A.) from an accredited college or university; plus one to two years related manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Inventory software; Internet software; order processing systems and Manufacturing software.