Location: Manchester, NH, USA
2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Well known cable manufacturing company in the Manchester, NH area is looking for a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor. The Production Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the manufacturing personnel, ensuring the proper maintenance of the plant, coordinating staffing on 2nd shift, and maintaining a safe working environment. The right candidate for this position will have proven leadership skills, lean manufacturing experience, and a strong working knowledge of plant equipment and machinery.
Responsibilities of the 2nd Shift Production Supervisor:
- Direct shift personnel to meet customer deadlines.
- Lead 5s initiatives and ensure that shift personnel are implementing 5S concepts in their daily activities.
- Enforce plant policies.
- Oversee plant machinery, ensuring that machines are being safely used, properly maintained and set-ups are correct.
- Work collaboratively with other departments such as Engineering, Quality, and Production Control.
- Mentor, train, and motivated shift personnel.
- Compete performance reviews for shift personnel.
- Monitor and enforce the proper usage of PPE among the shift.
- Ensure that the shift is properly staffed to meet production deadlines.
Qualifications of the 2nd Shift Production Supervisor Role:
- BS or other 5+ years of manufacturing supervisory experience. Cable industry experience a plus.
- 3+ years of Six Sigma/lean manufacturing experience.
- Experience with scheduling personnel to ensure that shifts are fully staffed.
- Strong leadership skills paired with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to maintain production schedule in accordance with targeted customer deadlines.
This is a direct hire opportunity.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 603-666-4051, or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.
About Leddy Group:
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.