Speciality: Accounting & Finance
Location: Haverhill, MA, USA
Type: Full Time
If you have strong construction and project-based accounting experience, check out this Project Accountant position in Haverhill, MA! This full-time position within a small family business is responsible for coordinating with the assigned Project Manager(s) in setting up and administering projects, reviewing contract compliance, performing billing and project cost control, and more.
Responsibilities of the Project Accountant
- Receive all communications including emails and hard copy documents for assigned jobs
- Conduct a status review of job setup requirements to ensure completeness
- Maintain project files, communications, contracts, etc.
- Log, track, distribute, and file all documents as needed for assigned jobs
- Assist with creating and/or processing change order requests
- Monitor job progress and review job cost reporting for completeness and correctness
- Coordinate with Project Manager in preparing the schedule of values for setup in AIA module and submission to the General Contractor
- Estimate monthly billing for Project Manager’s review; prepare and issue monthly invoices
- Process vendor invoices for accounts payable and reconcile monthly statements
- Maintain payroll and employee records
- Process daily payroll records
- Assist Payroll Specialist with weekly payroll processing
Qualifications of the Project Accountant
- A minimum 3 years of accounting experience in the construction industry
- A degree in finance, accounting, or a closely related field is desirable
- Experience using Foundations accounting software or QuickBooks is highly desirable as well as Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management skills with a sense of urgency in accomplishing time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changing priorities
- Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills
- The adeptness to ensure the continued flow of documentation required by a project with accuracy and timeliness, with minimal supervision and direction
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, apply now for this Project Accountant position!
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.