Speciality: Administrative & Office Support
Location: Belmont, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Our client in Belmont, NH, is actively searching for a Purchasing Assistant to negotiate and purchase high-quality materials for their customers in an efficient and economic manner and to assist the Purchasing Manager with daily operational needs.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant:
- Prepare, analyze, and negotiate with suppliers for efficient delivery of products and services.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with orders, delivery dates and service needs.
- Review and process purchase requisitions and make purchase order adjustments.
- Assist with implementation of processes for efficiency improvements and provide customer service and departmental support.
- Analyze, identify, and communicate information regarding purchase orders utilizing out-of-network vendors; identify, research, and resolve problems relating to purchasing issues.
- Contribute to and support departmental initiatives.
- Verify and input vendor data into system; generate internal reports to track vendors.
- Respond to customers, outside sales and inside sales staff with all requests and questions.
- Provide daily direct support of outside sales and inside sales staff to maximize company sales.
- Track daily requests for quotes to ensure prompt response to customers and prospects and provide timely follow-up from inquiry to order.
- Develop and demonstrate individual product knowledge and computer navigation skills to serve as an effective resource for both customers and outside sales staff.
- Understand the nature of our client’s business and support the company’s goals through integrity, competence, trust and respect, accountability and commitment, and excellence in customer service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This full-time Purchasing Assistant position works from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
About Leddy Group:
We are Leddy Group… a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA. One great brand… multiple specialties in accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial and skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.