A precision sheet metal fabrication and CNC machining company is seeking a Purchasing Manager in Contoocook, NH. In this role you’ll work in a friendly, team-based environment, managing the day-to-day purchasing functions while ensuring the materials are ordered, expedited, and received as required for continuous operation. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity with competitive pay and great benefits!
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager
- Procure materials and services to support production schedule
- Receive and distribute proposals
- Issue purchase orders and subcontracts
- Enter purchase orders into MRP/ERP system
- Maintain accuracy of physical inventory and MRP/ERP system
- Ensure receipt of order acknowledgements/confirmations and verify costs
- Identify, communicate, and mitigate any potential lead time issues
- Develop and maintain necessary records and files for efficient operation
- Work with accounting to resolve any invoice discrepancies promptly
- Communicate effectively with vendors and other departments
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications of the Purchasing Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 or more years of related experience
- Formal purchasing training and/or certification (CPIM, CSCP)
- Knowledge of MRP Systems, Mie Trak is a plus
- Computer proficient – MRP, ERP, and MS Office Suite
- Basic understanding of material specifications
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Well-organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize work to meet deadlines
Apply today for this Purchasing Manager position and join this successful, fast-growing company!
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.