Location: Manchester, NH, USA
Well known cable manufacturing company in the Manchester, NH area is looking for a Purchasing Manager. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for managing procurement, planning, and inventory for the company. The right candidate for this role will have strong wire and cable knowledge and 5-10 years of experience in purchasing/procurement management.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager:
- Maintain appropriate inventory while minimizing total costs
- Oversee Compliance of REACH, RoHs, and Conflict Minerals.
- Manage all schedules for plant operations.
- Implement new purchasing strategies and policies.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the most cost-effective purchasing/shipping arrangements.
- Interview and select new suppliers based on findings.
- Foster positive relationships with external suppliers and customers.
- Assist with driving continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Manage inventory control procedures including daily reconciliations, reporting, inventory balances, and variances.
- Develop a working knowledge of current industry trends to apply when implementing new strategies for the company.
- Utilize 5S concepts.
Qualifications of the Purchasing Manager Role:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent preferred in Purchasing Management, Inventory Control, Business Management, Supply Chain, or related field
- 5 years + related purchasing experience in a manufacturing work environment with JIT implementation
- Ability to effectively navigate the MS Office suite and demonstrate a capacity to learn customized AS-400 systems.
- Possess effective communication, negotiation, and relationship-building skills.
This is a direct hire opportunity.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com, call 603-666-4051, or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.
About Leddy Group:
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.