Speciality: Engineering, View All Jobs
Location: Portsmouth, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
An advanced technology manufacturing company in Portsmouth, NH is looking for a skilled Purchasing Manager. In this position, you would coordinate the purchase of materials, equipment, and supplies, managing the department for optimal efficiency. This full-time opportunity requires 10+ years of prior experience. Here is your chance to work for one of the premier employers in the area with both a great facility and corporate culture!
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications
- Implement, manage, and monitor procurement reporting systems to meet company requirements
- Recruit and maintain suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct
- Approve purchase orders and change notices
- Manage team in purchasing supplies, equipment, and product materials
- Negotiate or supervise the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors
- Assess current staffing needs and play an active role in hiring and training new employees, if necessary
- Prepare reports and budgetary recommendations and manage budget for the department
- Ensure department is running efficiently and meeting goals, quality and cost objectives
- Identify obstacles to achieving business goals and provide solutions or seek assistance
- Perform other tasks as required
Qualifications of the Purchasing Manager
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP/MRP Software
- A problem-solver with strong communication skills
- Project management background
- Ability to lead a team in a positive and proactive manner
- Continuous improvement mentality
If you have the required qualifications and want to be an integral part of our client’s continued success, apply now for this position!
To apply, email an MS Word copy of your resume to email@example.com, see our website at www.leddygroup.com or call 603.766.2004.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group . . . a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA since 1994. We are one great brand with multiple specialties: accounting & finance, administrative & office support, engineering, human resources, industrial, skilled manufacturing, legal, and nonprofit.
At Leddy Group, we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. We utilize a methodology and process to assess skills and experience; however, identifying the right “fit” is equally important for both candidates and clients alike. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. Our success is tied directly to your satisfaction.