Speciality: Industrial & Skilled Manufacturing
Location: Hudson, NH, USA
Type: Full Time
Full Service injection mold company is currently hiring QC Inspectors to grow their team. This company services military, medical and automotive industries which are all essential employers and offers employment security.
The primary responsibility of the QC Inspector is to ensure that routine part inspections detailed in the Quality Control inspection plan are being performed and results recorded.
QC Inspector Responsibilities:
- Perform QC inspections per the part QC inspection plan.
- Ensure that measuring equipment being used for QC activities has been calibrated and is in good working order.
- Support the company’s metrology and calibration program.
- Process nonconforming material in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist with product failure analysis.
- Participate in new product trials; collect/compile inspection data, report results to Quality Engineer.
- Provide input to product validation in accordance with customer requirements.
- Help promote a safe work environment within the organization.
QC Inspector Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Quality role within the plastic injection molding industry.
- ASQ certification a plus (CMI, CQT).
- Familiarity with plastic injection molding quality attributes and defect types.
- Use of statistical sampling plans.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of handheld measurement tools, and gages. Familiarity with CMMs, vision systems and associated software applications and optical measurement equipment a plus.
- Basic understanding of engineering part drawings.
- Knowledge of GD&T a plus.
This position works first shift, Monday-Friday, 7 AM – 3:30 PM.
Pay is $16-$18 per hour.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to Bedford@leddygroup.com, call 603-666-4051 or apply online at www.leddygroup.com.
About Leddy Group
We are Leddy Group… a privately owned, regional staffing company serving NH, ME, VT & northern MA. One great brand… multiple specialties in accounting and finance, administrative and executive assistants, engineering, human resources, industrial and skilled manufacturing, and office support and customer service.
At Leddy Group we combine a consistency of values and traits with a singular standard for quality and best practices. We hold each other accountable to those standards, measure success by the quality of our outcomes, and establish goals based on continuous improvement metrics. This is the compass which leads us to put the right people in the right places. Methodology and process to assess skills and experience. Focusing on fit, company, and culture.
The success of our team is based on the success of our outcomes and your satisfaction. Period. Do what you love… love what you do. Put people first… always.